BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC26 macOS Magic Mouse instability

DGSketcher
Legend

Anyone else noticing instability and their mouse stalling? I am finding times when I can only pan and the mouse won't respond to the ALT change to zoom mode. There are other times when it seems like the mouse has lost focus with current window and it requires a click just to wake up the selection function.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
12 REPLIES 12

The cursor is still sticking when switching back to AC26 from another app. It happened just now when I switched back from Safari to AC26 and the cursor was stuck on inject parameters (alt). I have not operated the alt key so I am not sure why it decides to stick on that.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you very much for the feedback!

From what you described, these seem to be known issues with Archicad 26, although they are not linked to the Magic Mouse specifically. In most cases, during apps switching, the hotkeys may get stuck in a certain fashion that prevents further keyboard/mouse input. One of the bugs is fixed in the release build of AC26 (3001), and the other bug will be fixed in Update 2 (40xx, which is coming in Autumn).

For now, the workaround is to switch to another app then back to Archicad, or open a dialog in Archicad (for example a tool default settings dialog) and then close it. 

Could you please confirm if the workaround helps in your case?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

I have found pressing the affected modifier key clears the issue, so if the cursor is stuck in trim mode hit cmd on a Mac and if the dropper function is stuck click alt and it clears the issue.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Learn and get certified!