Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC27 MEP Problems

DGSketcher
Legend

The previous thread in Tech Preview is now locked so:

@Balint Kezer Can we expect any flexibility on the Pipe Route > Elbow > Factor Radius values which are currently quite limited? Ideally for drainage we should be able to set the actual radius and also customise it within a drain run to correlate with manufacturer's sizes e.g. I would like to place a drain run with a default standard radius but also have the ability to change the radius of a elbow/bend on the run after it is placed.

Perhaps even an option to edit a single Elbow or All Elbows might be an option?  

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
2 REPLIES 2
Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @DGSketcher 

Yes, we are looking into that topic and thinking about how to make it more customizable. In the case of most piping systems I believe that there should be a elbow radius setting for each used diameter. What do you think about ventilation? My understanding about ventilation is that there you are ordering elements with the factor we implemented. Do you also see the need to implement something there as well?

Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft

I don't do much ventilation work, but I have drainage to address on most of my residential projects. In the case of my preferred manufacturer their centre line radius is typically 250mm radius on a 110mm nominal plastic pipe size, but they have fittings which increase to 460mm radius in the same pipe system. Their 160mm pipe goes up to 690mm radius. As you can see these values far exceed the fixed factors currently available and don't form neat integer multipliers.

I think you need to decide if fixed factor values are meeting your user needs or if the factor value should just be a positive real number or even a centre line radius value entered by the user. It is only entered once in defining a system.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)