BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC8.1->PM9 Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a team that created a model in AC8.1, then built the layout book in PM9 because it performs so much better than PM3.1. (It's an old project.) The model has been Teamworked.

If there is a team member working on the AC model and another member opens the PM layout book, when the second person tries to update a drawing, the results are always wrong -- missing lines, missing objects, elements moved.

If a team member is working in the PM layout book and another member opens the model in AC, the drawings in the PM layout book can no longer be updated. It says the AC model is locked.

If you open the model and the layout book on the same computer, everything works fine.

Any ideas as to why PM9 wouldn't be able to cope with a Teamworked AC8.1 model on separate machines? Then again, maybe that's not the problem. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
Jay wrote:
If there is a team member working on the AC model and another member opens the PM layout book, when the second person tries to update a drawing, the results are always wrong -- missing lines, missing objects, elements moved.

If a team member is working in the PM layout book and another member opens the model in AC, the drawings in the PM layout book can no longer be updated. It says the AC model is locked.
The problems you describe sound like the same Archicad/Plotmaker linking problem we have all the time, teamworked or not.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another one which sounds similar:

My colleague and I are working on separate PLN files, i.e. not Teamworked, me doing plans, elevations, sections etc, he's doing 2d detailing. When I go to PM to update layouts, mine all update fine, but I get an error saying "error while opening project file in ArchiCAD" and the drawing usage shows his views still as modified, not updated.
This does not seem to happen when he has closed down his PLN file. Why would that be?
And I get the Library loading error message, which I have just learned to live with as it seems to have no effect whatsoever.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
And I get the Library loading error message, which I have just learned to live with as it seems to have no effect whatsoever.
Ditto. If I have 50 different objects in my model, how am I supposed to find the one that is causing the problem? If it would tell me what it didn't like, it might actually be useful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem.

I tested this on a newly started AC9.1 file, with a new PM9 layout book.
No hotlinks, no old library parts, no Teamwork.

So I don´t think this is a 8.1 to 9.0 or a Teamwork thing

90% of the time I try to update the layout book while the .pln file is open on another client machine, I get crappy results
(No updates, just errors, and the first quickview link on the Drawing Usage list becomes a .pmk link filled with random cache content).

I have reported this problem to our AC dealer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tomasz wrote:
90% of the time I try to update the layout book while the .pln file is open on another client machine, I get crappy results
(No updates, just errors, and the first quickview link on the Drawing Usage list becomes a .pmk link filled with random cache content).

I have reported this problem to our AC dealer.
This is a known problem. I assume the fix is not coming until AC10. For now our staff has been informed not to ignore the message that the file is already open unless you know that you have it open on your machine.
Learn and get certified!