Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC9 - Attribute Manager doesn't move working layer sets

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to get my templates in shape...

I'm developing a master template file that has, among other things, my layers and layer sets defined. If I'm interpreting my results correctly, it looks like I can't use Attribute Manager to move layers and layer combo's around. The combinations seem to lose their 'intelligence' upon importation to a new drawing.

I guess I can imagine why this might be true, but its disappointing. Of course I have an easy workaround, which is to simply save the template as something else, rather than using Att. Manager to move them.

Does anyone have insight into this matter?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
robert

i've noticed funny behaviour when using attribute manager to transfer lkayer combinations also. what i tend to do now is sort out the layers and apply this to the new file and then the combinations.

i guess the combinations don't come across properly if the layers they need aren't there to begin with?

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
There's also an awful bug in 9 that happens when you have similar layer combination content. Assigning these to views and importing them into PlotMaker causes them to lose their mapping. What you get is totally unrelated layer combinations and a problem that is only rectifiable by recreating the layer combinations, views and the book.

Cheers,
Link.
TDabney
Enthusiast
RobertNichols wrote:
If I'm interpreting my results correctly, it looks like I can't use Attribute Manager to move layers and layer combo's around. The combinations seem to lose their 'intelligence' upon importation to a new drawing.
The same thing happened to me a while back. I thought I did something wrong and/or just assumed that Attribute Manager didn't keep the combinations intact. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been frustrated by this! Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27