Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC9 Insanity on Windoze XP.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey folks - just wondering if anyone ELSE has had similar problems to mine. It started a few weeks back and basically I'm getting some pretty crazy screen representations of my AC9 workspace (see attached picture) that essentially prevents me from being able to snap - as well as making walls and a lot of major objects disappear at times... apart from the general mayhem inflicted on my plans.

I've tried downloading the latest build of AC9 - but that hasn't done anything. I don't know if it's a windows problem - or what's going on. But I was really hoping someone here might have had experiences with something very similar and might be able to help me overcome it.

Thanks much.
Jonathan
3 REPLIES 3
Tom Krowka
Booster
I've had the exact same problem, and solved by doing some tweaking of the monitor settings. Go to display properties of the monitor on the desktop, then troubleshoot. Turn hardware acceleration off, leave write combining on.

If that does not solve the problem, go to AC Work Environment, 2D redraw options. Uncheck "Optimize drawing method for Hi-Performance Card"

It fixed my problem. The reseller said it had something to do with windows settings for gaming. Beats the heck out me, but it worked.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow. That worked! Thank you so much. You are truly a god!
Tom Krowka
Booster
And truly modest as well.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com