BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 20 Announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
See the official announcement here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/archicad-20-a-fresh-look-at-bim.html

There are already a few clips that show what is new:

http://archicad.com/en/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
165 REPLIES 165
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Cary wrote:
For the record I contacted a lighting manufacturer over a year ago who has his catalog on the site Modlar in revit .rfa only. He wants to make it available for Archicad users in GDL. I connected him with someone at graphisoft. Nothing happened. Cheers
I think they might have a better chance by contacting BIMObject. BIMObject is aiming to be the most comprehensive BIM object catalog in the world and they have the means to model an object, then create it relatively fast and easy in ARCHICAD, Revit, IFC, AutoCAD, SketchUp and now Vectorworks format.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Cary wrote:
For the record I contacted a lighting manufacturer over a year ago who has his catalog on the site Modlar in revit .rfa only. He wants to make it available for Archicad users in GDL. I connected him with someone at graphisoft. Nothing happened. Cheers
I think they might have a better chance by contacting BIMObject. BIMObject is aiming to be the most comprehensive BIM object catalog in the world and they have the means to model an object, then create it relatively fast and easy in ARCHICAD, Revit, IFC, AutoCAD, SketchUp and now Vectorworks format.
Thank you Laszlo.

In my mailbox this morning...an email from BIMobject "Autodesk, Inc. has appointed BIMobject, Inc. its exclusive reseller in North America and Europe for new subscriptions of Autodesk® Seek"

Cheers
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I have read this press release.
Let us hope this means that in the near future all North American manufacturers will get their content created for all leading BIM applications.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want access you buy a seat of Revit and a model port license to import RFA OBJECTS. We also get many RFA OBJECTS by default when we collaborate and import rvt files via IFC.

Should we have to do this, no, but until GS has someone full time on library GDL PARTS for localized markets as well as an RFA importer your choices are limited.

For anyone who is thinking of switching, 10 licenses equilavant between AC and RVT over 5 years cost a firm over 100k more with Revit. The math is simple, much cheaper to buy one seat RVT for collaboration purposes.
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
We are way out off topic ( Archicad 20) but since we are at it, maybe a solution to the. Rfa issue would be an online converter. Upload your Revit rfa and convert it to. lcf. gsm etc.
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Jere
Expert
mthd wrote:
ARCHICAD may need to be split off to the Solo users who just do low rise residential and who do not need to use or load Teamwork.

I don't really want to hear about the crippled version that has no Cina Render in it either. Some users like me could not give two hoots about overkill, Rhino and Grasshopper connections etc, as we just don't use them. We pay full price for the program and upgrades that we just don't use. These features are mainly for the commercial world only.

In the end the small end of town needs to be taken care of proplerly too. I say create a branch of ARCHICAD residential and dedicate resources to help the program develop more specifically for us now that we have reached version 20
As a small firm (just me and one employee) the thought of not having teamwork is unbelievable. In fact, I'd lament its loss even if I was on my own. Back-ups, remote-access, etc. I couldn't imagine life without it.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
As a small firm (just me and one employee) the thought of not having teamwork is unbelievable. In fact, I'd lament its loss even if I was on my own. Back-ups, remote-access, etc. I couldn't imagine life without it.
I think that points out a major challenge for GS and that is how to provide tools that will meet the needs of the majority of their users.
abdelaziz
Expert
I like the integration of new GDL script for NURBS,
but with this new can we expect to have new tool NURBS?
AMD Ryzen 5950x
AMD RX 6750xt
AC27
Eduardo Rolon
abdelaziz wrote:
I like the integration of new GDL script for NURBS,
but with this new can we expect to have new tool NURBS?
Not yet, you still need to use Rhino for this…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Zoltan Fuchs
Booster
to Laszlo or any competent person:

1. Is there any info about UI scaling on windows 10 already?
2. Can we get detailed information about working of Graphic Override function? What kind of criteria can be use? Can we use criteria for 2D or 3D element allowed only?
3. Can Graphic Override function driven by user properties?
4. Can we create element properities for 2D elements?

thanks
i7-4770K / 16GB / GTX560 2GB / 512GB SSD / Win10 64bit
AC21 (HUN-64 bit) / Bimx Pro / Revit 2017
Learn and get certified!