Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 22 Update Preview 4001 Released

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Everyone,

Today we have made the preview version of our first ARCHICAD 22 Update available. We have created and tested packages for the INT and USA versions so far and they both passed our Quality Control.

Starting from ARCHICAD 22, we are creating separate installer packages for each language version, as opposed to previous versions where there was only one update package for all the languages.

We are currently testing the rest of the english speaking packages (AUS, UKI and NZE), and we will release a preview version for those as well, as they pass Quality Control.

The Preview Update is only available for the above language versions. If you attempt to install it on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.

We will create Public Update packages for all language versions in a few weeks time. It will be possible to update from the Preview package to the Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here (you have to select version 22 from the drop-down menu to see the preview update).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon
Will it work without updating BIMCloud or do we have to update both?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
ejrolon wrote:
Will it work without updating BIMCloud or do we have to update both?
Hi Eduardo,

You may update ARCHICAD independently from BIMcloud Basic/BIM Server 21. Although in the past it was essential to run ARCHICAD and BIM Server on nearly identical build numbers, this is no longer the case with BIMcloud or BIMcloud Basic. BIMcloud products will be updated independently from ARCHICAD. We still do recommend that you have the latest updates installed for all products. '

Please, however, be mindful of the Warning in the Release Notes for Preview Updates:

WARNING: Proceed at your own risk! Do not install Preview Updates into your mainstream workflow without being able to roll back your server and client machines to the previous Update.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Again,

We just made the rest of the English speaking Language packages available today (AUS, NZE, UKI). They are available on the same site. Enjoy.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

in railing edit mode, If i try to delete a post, it deletes the whole railing
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know! I can replicate this behaviour in Floor Plan and 3D view, however it works fine on S/E/IE views and also from the Settings dialog. I will report it to our development team and hope to have it fixed soon.

Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
David Pacifico
Booster
When doing a file/open especially with 2 ArchiCAD's open at the same time, it seem to pause an extra while for the dialog box to open. Long enough to think that something is not working right.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
David wrote:
When doing a file/open especially with 2 ArchiCAD's open at the same time, it seem to pause an extra while for the dialog box to open. Long enough to think that something is not working right.
Hello David,

I tried it on my MacBook, and it seems to be opening fine in both versions (1-2 secs).
Does it happen with empty projects as well, or only if you have bigger projects open?
Can you compare the 2 versions for me in numbers? (how long it takes to open the dialog in each version)
Are you testing on macOS 10.13?

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

This seems to be in v22 first version too, maybe its not a bug, but moving openings in a custom wall profile with like 6 modifiers has to reload 3d each move. i did a reinstall just to make sure. if i isolate the wall the opening moves fine but if i have all of my main floor walls on then its a reload for every move or opening resize.
normal walls and composits are fine
David Pacifico
Booster
Daniel
It was doing it this morning, but I went to test it for you and restarted my machine and couldn't duplicated it.
I'm using Mac 10.13.4. We are pulling files from a Synology NAS.
After a restart it took
8 sec to open new from the built in template
15 sec to open out template on the NAS
14 sec to open 24.3 mb file and
15 sec to open another 26 mb file while the first one was running. All of which is completely acceptable and normal.
I was getting a spinning beach ball before and I would guess a 60 sec pause before it would open an additional file when 2 AC were running. If I'm able to duplicate I will let you know. Hopefully a false alarm, but I'll keep a watch handy.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram