Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 24 Update 6001 Preview Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

We have made available the latest Preview version of Archicad 24 Update 6001. We have created and tested packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER & AUT language versions.

The Preview Update is only available for the above language versions. If you attempt to install it on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.
We will create Public Update packages for all languages in the upcoming weeks. It will be possible to update from the Preview package to the Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes, List of Improvements and download the packages from here.

Should you have any questions or feedback, please let us know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

21 REPLIES 21
DGSketcher
Legend
Check the download page for changes and fixes, if anything in there is currently a problem then I would update otherwise you could wait for the official release. BUT as you will see above it may be necessary to disable the Revit add-on in some cases.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

We confirmed that this Preview update might crash Archicad when starting a new file or open existing projects if any extra addon is installed (except for Goodies and Grasshopper - Archicad Live Connection). Please pay attention to this if you consider trying the Preview. This bug will be fixed when the official Update 4 for Archicad 24 is out.

Regarding Trevor's report:
DGSketcher wrote:
Beam length stretching in 3D is broken in this update. You can move the endpoint as a workaround, but you can't simply extend the beam along its axis. This appears to be a legacy data problem. Creating a new beam in a new file works ok. I have a sample beam that fails trapped in a .MOD file if GS would like me to upload it.
We found that this is a rare bug with the editing plane. For some reason, the absolute/relative button affects the location of the vertical editing plane of this interaction and when it's set to absolute, it makes the plane to be at the origin. It is registered as defect DEF-5299. As a workaround, please set the Editing Plane to be Horizontal from the context menu, or simply use Shift+E.

Thank you once again, Trevor and Barry, for your keen eyes! I hope that this won't be a difficult one to fix!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT