Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 8.3R3 and PLOTMAKER DO NOT WORK ON PANTHER !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yesterday I have upgraded MacOS X.1.5 to 10.3.1. And now Archicad and Plotmaker crash every time I try to start them! Have anyone had the same problem?

AC 8.0R3RUS MacOSX.3.1 iMac 800Mhz/RAM 512MB
8 REPLIES 8
__archiben
Booster
are they crashing or just not starting up?

you may need to reinstall the WIBUKEY driver software back into your system framework?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may not be much help yet, but ArchiCAD 8.1 runs great on Panther. VERY fast and stable. I hope you get your upgrade soon.
Rick Thompson
Expert
Artemy wrote:
Yesterday I have upgraded MacOS X.1.5 to 10.3.1. And now Archicad and Plotmaker crash every time I try to start them! Have anyone had the same problem?

AC 8.0R3RUS MacOSX.3.1 iMac 800Mhz/RAM 512MB
YES....It was a corrupt font (posted under Panther and Fonts). I was using MrHand, thought that might not be relevant. This started right after upgrading to Panther. After removing the font things went back to normal. I reinstalled the font and now I have no problems. While I believe it was the Panther install, I also had a bad piece of memory, so it might have played a part. I learned to always do a archive and install, not the "update system". I was on a new G5 so assumed an update was ok. But I had a major HD crash and lost data (after the font issue), so never again will do an "update". Also, there is a utility on the Apple software and install CD that will test ram, so I will never install ram again without first running that test.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to everybody who answered my question, but it seems to me that the problem is not with fonts or wibukey driver. AC 7.0 is starting up on Panther OK! It means wibukey driver is working. When AC8r3 (or Plotmaker) is starting ,the starting picture and menu line appear and at this moment AC crashes and Bug reporter shows up.
And it is impossible to see whether AC or Panther is a problem.
Djordje
Ace
Artemy wrote:
Thanks to everybody who answered my question, but it seems to me that the problem is not with fonts or wibukey driver. AC 7.0 is starting up on Panther OK! It means wibukey driver is working. When AC8r3 (or Plotmaker) is starting ,the starting picture and menu line appear and at this moment AC crashes and Bug reporter shows up.
And it is impossible to see whether AC or Panther is a problem.
You probably tried uninstalling and reinstalling ArchiCAD 8?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Yes.No result.
Rick Thompson
Expert
Artemy wrote:
Djordje wrote:
Yes.No result.
It was the developer of Plotmaker that advised me my crashing could be from a bad font or memory. If you have added memory, you can boot from the restore CD and test your memory. I thought my memory was fine, but it revealed a bad piece, so if your running out of things to try, it might be worth the effort. You have trashed all the PM preferences, including the plot driver preferences?
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried creating a new user account and logging in? We spent days trying to get one computer to work with 8.0. We tried reinstalling 8.0, OSX, repairing permissions, trashing all the preferences, etc. Nothing worked until US Tech Support suggested trying a new user account.