BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD functionality

Brett Brown
Advocate
Moderator comment:
This discussion was started in another thread, but then changed into the discussion of various ARCHICAD
functionalities, so the topic was split into its own discussion.

Christophe wrote:
Archicad is also the best and has always been!
Might have been 10 years ago but now it is far from it.
It is embarrassing the basic functions missing in Archicad that all the others have, Vectorworks, Revit, Archline XP, Cheif Architect.
The main downfall of Archicad is that it is the only Software that hasn't a central UI that you open all your projects in. This costs all users of Archicad hours a week in maintenance which the others don't have.
And as said all the basic usability functions which are to many to list which we all miss daily.
In the last few years all Graphisoft has been doing is updating (or making the tools more complicated to use) existing tools (Stairs,Curtain Wall, Beam, Column) which has been only beneficial to some, and this will be happening for a few more years to come. I bet there is a new Door and Window tool next.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course with all due respect Eduardo.
Nuge
Advocate
All of this layer naming stuff got me wishing that we could have folders within the layer structure and that the layer "palette" could remain open/dockable etc.

long standing wish, not sure it will ever see the light of day
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
DGSketcher
Legend
The other option would be to have the visibility of building elements under Category filters which would be a bit more BIM orientated.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!