Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Accessories not found after installation in AC26

arqperalta
Contributor

I installed AC26, Goodies 26 and the update 3010 USA Full. I see the Accessories Library 26 and the Accessories box checked in the "Available Add-Ons", but I can not find in the Design Extras menu, the Accessories ( Roof Accessories, Slab Accessories, Wall Accessories).  Any comments?

Carlos J. Peralta

a r c h i t e c t

Peru - USA

AC 4.55 - 26

Asus i9, 64Gb Ram, Windows 11, 4Gb graphs
47 REPLIES 47
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

After spending what felt like an hour to get this working, I can confirm that you might as well add the missing menu items manually to your work environment or accept recreating the menu/toolbar part of the work environment just to get ESSENTIAL tools such as Check Duplicates to work.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

There needs to be an AC installer that gives you the option to load in work enviroments without having to go through the pain of adding libraries, custom menus etc. It should be a simple case of selecting options, and AC does the rest.

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/

I'm sure the GS developers feel they have valid reasons for changing they way things worked for me from AC9 all the way up to 23 or 24, but the least they can do is provide this work-around or a warning on the download page and the installer. I guess this all falls under the 'we provide these addons 'as is', and take no responsibility for them' clause.... In the meantime I NEED things like the Check Duplicates and Polycount to manage my projects. 3rd party 2D drawings are generally a mess of duplicate lines and I still need these for site drawings, principle details etc and some elements (library parts) can have unexpected high polycounts, bogging down your project (faucet type 4 for wash basins, anyone? 30k polygons per faucet on detailed setting vs 3k for type 5) and Polycount is the only way to quickly analyse this.

As it is, I first wasted time figuring out why things didn't appear, even though the addon is listed and so on. Basically everything covered in this 4 page topic.

We did clean (repair) installations, but as soon as people put their custom Work Environment back, the buttons disappear. So in the end, we should've just looked up the commands and put them in the place where they should be (cross referencing with an earlier version of AC).

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Hi Minh, Thank you very much for the information! Unfortunately this still doesn't work in my computer. I deleted archicad, installed it new and then installed the goodies. When I open it it still doesn't appear and I also can't find the tools manually. Is there any other way? 

Thanks in advance!
Nora

archibarb
Beginner

This method has worked on every machine I have needed to fix.

Re-install Archicad - repair option is fine, no need to un-install.

Do not start Archicad.

Install Goodies - make sure you have the correct language version for you language version of Archicad - this is important.

Install the latest hotfix (update) for Archicad.

Now start and all should be fine.

If that doesn't work, then you will probably need to contact your local Archicad support so they can look into it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry, that worked for to me install it manually. 🙂

Best regards

Charles

Nathan Oliver
Participant

Thanks for this Barry, I only needed to use an accessory item right at the end of v26, just before v27 came out, I only wasted about an hour trying to work out and fix this! Come on Graphisoft, we're paying decent UAS / Forward fees!