Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Add-on for finding solid element operators

Davor P
Booster

Working on it, should be out soon.
Yay or nay?

BIM4BIM - by BIM managers for BIM managers
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Always interested in a good add-on.

Especially if offered free of charge.

The more you charge for it, the fewer people will be interested.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Davor P
Booster

As much as I would enjoy releasing it for free and getting lots of love from the community, that won't pay the bills unfortunately. Having said that, it doesn't mean that the add-on couldn't be free for end users. If Graphisoft (‌‌ @Viktor Kovacs 😉) would be interested in leasing the add-on and then making it a standard feature in Archicad, I would be open to discuss that idea.

Overall my plan is to develop more add-ons and besides the SEO one I have two more in the works.
Second one is a library of thousands of high quality objects. Furniture, light fixtures, sinks, taps, plants. Currently I am working on lower poly (simplified) option that would complement the detailed version of each object and respond to Archicad MVO LOD: detailed, simplified, schematic, box. And I am making sure 2D is clean and not projected from 3D. I will have a small, free demo library soon.
The third add-on will enable BIM managers to regularly, with one click, do one (of many) things we almost never have time to do.

BIM4BIM - by BIM managers for BIM managers

Really interested to try them even in a beta release! 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Setup info provided by author