Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

American wood framing template

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I am new here and new to ArchiCAD trying to learn it after using AutoCAD for over a decade and just having learned Revit, too. I just moved to Northern Europe from the States last summer and have found out that it is easier for me to learn the program if I design something I know something of: i.e. wood framed stucco house.

The AC 15 student version we have installed here at school has pre-installed their own template files and as such there are no generic walls to choose from, and I know nothing of the multi-layer concrete walls and prefab slabs that are commonplace construction materials here. I would like to redesign a house I had originally designed in AutoCAD in ArchiCAD.

Would it be possible to obtain a .tpl file from somewhere or someone that has the typical Mid-west American stick framing wall types and stucco sidings and asphalt/tile roofings in it? It is likely just the basic .tpl that comes with the American version of the program. I want one in Imperial sizes, too, which is easier for me right now than metric.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi,

As a student, Couldn't you just download the US version of ArchiCAD from "My ArchiCAD" portal.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
TMA_80 wrote:
Hi,

As a student, Couldn't you just download the US version of ArchiCAD from "My ArchiCAD" portal.
I can not install anything onto the school computer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I only have AC 9, but even in it, you can select a wall on your floor plan, then go to the menu item EXTRAS > ACCESSORIES > WALL ACCESSORIES. There you can choose a wall framing item that automatically frames out your wall according to parameters you set. I know it may not be technically exactly right, but I framed out a house I drafted as part of an online course I am taking. Cool huh?
Picture 1.jpg