Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Any chance to make those lines thinner ?

kosta
Booster

Hi ! Any chance to make those lines thinner ( image 1) ? This is symbolic view of a door, and also for windows.

I really do preffer the image 2 representation which is achievable by toggling that icon kosta_2-1646218894031.png

as it cuts only those frame lines that are really under cut.

image 1

kosta_0-1646218751475.png

image 2

kosta_1-1646218813256.png

7 REPLIES 7
kosta
Booster

Can anyone help with that ? 

I want to change the thickness of that one line 

DGSketcher
Legend

You probably need to either change the 2D representation pen settings in your door/window object or review the Pen Set assigned to that View in the View Map. Never been a fan of the Pen Sets, but that's a lengthy topic which has been discussed several times before.

The other option would be to assign a Graphic Override, but that will result in all the lines in the object being drawn the same e.g. you can't use a GO for different parts like the glass or frame.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
kosta
Booster

@DGSketcher I really can't find that settings , can you please demonstrate where are those pen settings are ? to make drawing look like "bold cut lines" are toggled on, at least for doors and windows.

DGSketcher
Legend

Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 11.19.30.png

As I mentioned above, Pen settings can be lengthy topic and there are many options, recommendations & outcomes depending on what you do. Sometimes you just have to try things until you find what works for you. Hope the image helps.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
kosta
Booster

@DGSketcher  I know that settings of course , but it is not helping at all , I just don't see there a line thickness property for line I want to make thinner.

kosta_3-1646393927525.png

my question was to make lines look like "bold cut lines" parameter is enabled. (which cuts only that is really cut) again, can I do that ? because I can't find that parameter to change that uncut lines. see that image and red rectangle over that line I want to change. I tried all settings there and looks like nothing is influencing it.

See image.

1. Uncheck this.

2. Change this pen value to something less thicker than your frame pen.

Don't worry about how it will show the glazing line cut.

It will still show as slightly thicker than the rest of the leaf that is not cut.

@Bricklyne Clarence Hi, unfortunately this doesn't help as it influenced the whole door leaf instead of a frame only, see the original #1 post pictures you will understand what I need, or just  toggle 

kosta_0-1646468968048.png

that icon and see how it looks, and you just can't repeat that appearance by setting door/window pens unfortunately , maybe you can but I can't find it.