BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Applying Favorite Results in Element with Existing Status

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Renovation Status is not a Favorites parameter, correct?

I've had this happening in AC19 and AC20 (and maybe AC18 as well -- I don't remember):

1) Nothing selected -- set default Renovation Status to New

2) Select placed Line in window

3) Apply Favorite via Palette

4) Resultant Line is changed to Existing Status -- Renovation Status remains New

Anyone else have this happening? I've only experienced it with 2D elements (Lines, Fills, Text, Hotspots) not Objects nor 3D elements.

EDIT: Doesn't happen in AC18, and I can't reproduce it in AC19, although I know it has happened in the past.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have the same behavior happening when applying a favorite it reverts the renovation to existing and not new as it was set.

This seems to only happen to all 2D elements at the moment, I tested it on a wall and that didn't happen for that tool.

We should report this as a bug.... I will report it.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hello,

I reported this at the end of July, but unfortunately it could not be scheduled into the first Update for ARCHICAD 20. It is slated to be fixed in a forthcoming Update. If I find out an updated status on it I will let you know. What I see now is that it is on the schedule to be fixed. I will make sure it is not forgotten.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Nick on the follow-up.
NCornia wrote:
Hello,

I reported this at the end of July, but unfortunately it could not be scheduled into the first Update for ARCHICAD 20. It is slated to be fixed in a forthcoming Update. If I find out an updated status on it I will let you know. What I see now is that it is on the schedule to be fixed. I will make sure it is not forgotten.

Best regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same thing is happening to me with objects.
Learn and get certified!