BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any news about when ArchiCAD 10 may be released and what new features it may have?
24 REPLIES 24
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I have read somewhere on this forum that it should be released in Feb-2006. No idea about new features...
::rk
giza
Booster
o my god they killed Kenny hahahah:)
just a little joke with your beautiful avtar Rob
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
hmmm-hmm, hmmm, hmmm-hmmm!

hmm
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
am waiting ernestly for it but i think they should at least try and put in the ability to rotate walls along the z coordinate trim and shape anyhow you want in the section window to appear in 3D
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are many important features missing from archicad.
That is really bad.
We are in 2005, and archicad does not have a scripting environment.
You just have to use API.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad needs to have an option to rotate if not all models walls at least in all 3 directions...then to be able to trim the as we wish etc.

Also an option to make an object editable or transform it to simple polygonal model and then to be able to edit its mesh...

Not asking for nurbs and staf like that but simle poly modelling it is a must!!!

...cy,
Andronikos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad needs to have an option to rotate if not all models walls at least in all 3 directions. Then to be able to trim them as we wish etc.

Also an option to make an object editable or transform it to simple polygonal model and then to be able to edit its mesh...

...and to be able to bridge polygons together of course.

Not asking for nurbs and staf like that but simle poly modelling it is a must!

cy,
Andronikos
Bruce
Expert
It also needs the option to place and / or copy elements in elevation and section.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
TomWaltz
Participant
Bruce wrote:
It also needs the option to place and / or copy elements in elevation and section.
I always wondered about the interface on placing something new in section... If a section is cutting along the X-axis, and your section shows the Y-Z axis, how do you control the Y-coordinate of what you are placing?

Would there be a "distance from section cut"? That's a little strange, since they are placed a bit arbitrarily. An absolute coordinate would be neat, but not something you would always know.

Would copy be more like "offset along the same axis as the section?"

It's a request I've seen a lot, and always wondered how it would actually function (more as an intellectual exercise than anything else).
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!