cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 2 (build 4005)

AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
ArchiCAD 17 Hotfix 2 (Build 4005) for BIM Server and ArchiCAD has been released today for the INT, USA, AUS, NZE, GER and AUT language versions. Other language versions will be enabled as they pass QC. This Hotfix fixes a large number of frequent crashes, editing problems, IFC and Teamwork issues. Also many BIMx bugs have been corrected.
You can find a list of fixed bugs in the release notes:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/hotfixes/AC17/AC17-3013to4005-ReleaseNotes.html
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
8 REPLIES 8

Robby
Booster
Have tried to install the hot fix several times and several ways but doesn't work see attached message
Is it just me? I have admin rights and the name of the file is correct
Rob Marelli-
MacBook Pro (2019) 2.4 ghz -32 Gb RAM
OS X 11.5.2 - Archicad 25 - 3002

Eduardo Rolon
Moderator
Could be a permission problem. To change the permissions in the folder. Select it -> press command+I, look for the permissions tab, change items to read and write, select gear and choose Apply to Enclosed Items.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC26 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
Learning: VW, RVT
Teaching & Using: AC, Rhino, ACAD, RVT, SU, AI, PS, InD, TM, C4D, ATL

Rick Taron
Participant
I have an error message when installing the build 4005.

" win64.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

help please.
Capture.PNG
Windows10 ac25
Washington, usa.

Robby
Booster
ejrolon wrote:
Could be a permission problem. To change the permissions in the folder. Select it -> press command+I, look for the permissions tab, change items to read and write, select gear and choose Apply to Enclosed Items.
Thank you Eduardo you were right-
Rob Marelli-
MacBook Pro (2019) 2.4 ghz -32 Gb RAM
OS X 11.5.2 - Archicad 25 - 3002

NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Rick wrote:
I have an error message when installing the build 4005.

" win64.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

help please.
Rick, I wonder if the download is incomplete. If you right-click the Hotfix installer and choose "Properties" the size should be reported as: 222MB (233,384,784 bytes). Try downloading the hotfix again. Sometimes using a different browser can help. Also it is recommended that if you have any anti-virus software that you disable it for a few minutes while installing the hotfix to avoid the install process being falsely interrupted.

HTH

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center

Rick Taron
Participant
I wonder if the download is incomplete

thanks Nicolas, you got it. the file was too small.
I'll try it again.
Windows10 ac25
Washington, usa.

fcdehhh
Contributor
in fact i had to fix permissions....
thanks!
Robby wrote:
ejrolon wrote:
Could be a permission problem. To change the permissions in the folder. Select it -> press command+I, look for the permissions tab, change items to read and write, select gear and choose Apply to Enclosed Items.
Thank you Eduardo you were right-

If using Norton protection products, especially the latest, You may have problems running AC because one dll file is put to quarantine by Norton basing on the cloudish "file reputation" system. (And it is not that easy to disable this irritating "feature").
However it is quite easy to recover the file via Norton quarantine settings.

Best Regards,
Piotr

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!