BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD desktop dialogue boxes and Apple

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anybody found a way of keeping the Navigator dialogue box open "all the time" on an Apple MAC...? I realize that Apple does not think that we need this to be, but is sure would make my life a lot easier.
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Depends on what version you're using. In AC9, there's a little pin in the corner - clicking on this will pin it down. In AC10 you need to right click or ctrl click on the Navigator and uncheck Auto-hide Naivgator.

I have a PC and this method works when it's not docked, but the logic should still be the same on a mac.

An alternative idea is to assign a keyboard shortcut to show/hide your Navigator. Then you can click it on or off willy nilly.

Cheers,
Link.
In 9: If the 'pin' button is down, the Navigator will stay put. If it's up, it will vanish with any click in a drawing window. If you have a small screen the disappearing act is actually a feature.

In 10, there's no pin, you need to use the tray button or a shortcut to toggle the Navigator.

Or do you mean open in the background? The Navigator isn't a dialog, it's a palette. In 10, in the Work Environment, Dialog Boxes and Palettes, there's a checkbox for "Keep AC palettes visible even when another app is in front".

James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
__archiben
Booster
as the others have said - it's nothing to do with the platform you're using - it's the visibility setting of the palette. see below for AC10 . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all....yes it does work with the setting changed as youall have recommended. What a joy it is to save 3 clicks!
__archiben
Booster
atelier wrote:
Thanks all....yes it does work with the setting changed as youall have recommended. What a joy it is to save 3 clicks!
personally, i work the other way: i have my navigator OFF when i don't need it since to be able to truly make any use of it, it has to be made much larger than the 152px width that GS seem to think is adequate.

i pull it up on a single key shortcut and have it auto-hide when i start work again . . . . makes for a much larger working screen area - especially for laptop users . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!