Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD27. MEP

masterslug
Contributor

Hello. Can anyone explain the concept of ArchiCAD27. MEP. What we have now and where we are going. How to get parameters of library elements, insertion of crosspieces and other devices, etc. in catalogs?2024-04-12_194627.jpg2024-04-12_194847.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
masterslug
Contributor

2024-04-12_213749.jpg

Hi @masterslug,

In Archicad 27, we revamped the underlying architecture of the MEP functionality to facilitate the development of a more advanced and current MEP solution. We also unveiled a new routing tool that enables swift and straightforward modeling, along with a seamless editing experience.

Regrettably, this was a substantial undertaking, and as a result, we had to omit the scheduling functionality in Archicad 27. However, we have since reworked and reintroduced this feature in Archicad 27.2. Therefore, once you install the update, you should be able to generate schedules using the relevant information from routes.

Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft

Do you have an example of complete design and output of information to catalogs? Many functions are clear to me. They are good. But for designers of small buildings, it is not convenient to design utility networks using new tools. I have already adapted the new tracing to the changes. But it is not convenient to install devices without cutting them in. A lot of them. It is difficult to turn and adjust the ig in space on your own. In your new version, it is proposed to arrange devices and pull pipes to them.aGiW6-z9W7I.jpg

As you propose in the new version, finish the site with a tap. Without a pipe?
How can we install taps, filters, pumps in the new version? Or will you modify them and leave the option of embedding them into the pipeline?
Rotate each faucet, filter, crosspiece, fitting. Install in space and connect with pipeline? Please show me an example.
FyYKhc4yPOE.jpgUsSJgCgys60.jpg

Hello. I have the "Archicad 27.2" update installed. And I can't get the name in the catalogue. Like any other parameters except those highlighted in red. How do I infer the name or other parameter from a library element?

2024-04-17_095251.jpg2024-04-17_095138.jpg