BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiStair for AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Did someone try this plugin in AC10? I downloaded new demo version from Cigraph, but it seems not working at all. When I pick up archistair palette (archistair library is loaded) and create stairs, after last OK nothing happens. I tried this plugin in AC9 formerly and it worked fine. In addition all others Cigraph plugins are working.
Any idea here?

Roman
13 REPLIES 13
I could be wrong, but I don't think that the demo version will actually let you create a stair. (Which is not much of a demo, then, IMO.)

When I upgraded my ArchiStair from AC9 to AC10, I found that first, you have to get a new license number after paying the compatibility update fee; second, that after you install ArchiStair for AC10, it will disable the old AC9 version of ArchiStair unless you update that also. (But that update is free.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
The same thing happened with me. I have downloaded the latest update that is compatible with AC10. Archistair lets me choose the variables for the stair, however when it comes to actually placing it in the 2D window nothing happens.

I've emailed Fabrizio. As of now, no reply. This is extremely frustrating because Archistair worked in AC9. I thought having bought the upgrade, I wouldn't have these problems.
Jefferson
Participant
Richard, just to be clear, [or dense as the case may be ], your upgraded ArchiStair ver 10 is working well for you?

Also did you manage the upgrade process smoothly through the Cigraph Store? Seems I read somewhere here someone having some difficulties, and the Objects Online guys "have updates available soon". Wonder what the price difference will be between them.........
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Ted Taylor
Contributor
Add me to list. Archistair for 9 & 10 now broken after upgrade. Architerra & Archiforma work in both 9 & 10 after upgrade.
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Jefferson wrote:
Richard, just to be clear, [or dense as the case may be ], your upgraded ArchiStair ver 10 is working well for you?

Also did you manage the upgrade process smoothly through the Cigraph Store? Seems I read somewhere here someone having some difficulties, and the Objects Online guys "have updates available soon". Wonder what the price difference will be between them.........
Jeff,

All is working fine now. The updates were purchased through the Cigraph store, with no problems. Actually, all you get from the store is the new registration number, so there is not a lot that could go wrong!
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Jefferson
Participant
Thanks Richard
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
And here I am...

first of all, let me beg you pardon for the delay in answering.

Ok, let me try to explain again some important issue:

1. ArchiStair Demo Mode: if you are running ArchiStair in demo mode you will be able to browse the dialog settings window but you cannot insert/create/manage any stair object (BTW, this warning appears as soon as the demo session starts).
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
2. Compatibility updates: they are not free of charge (15 Euro). Buying a compatibility update you get a new Registration ID that will let you serialize the plug-in with a new unlock code. If you want to use the plug-in also with the previous ArchiCAD 9 version, you should also download the latest updates from our web site.
Fabrizio Diodati
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
3. Serialization trouble. When you have any trouble with the serialization, the first thing to do is deleting the plug-ins files from the following folder:

under Win: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents

under Mac: Home/Users/Shared Folder

Then re-serialize the plug-in.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Learn and get certified!