BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25 USA Grasshopper hopper installation problem

mhoude
Booster

Hello everyone,

I try to install the grasshopper live connection for Archicad 25. I get a error saying another version of grasshopper is already installed. to continue you must first uninstall the other version. It is not installed and there no uninstall program coming with grasshopper.

3 REPLIES 3
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

It is correct that it is not possible to install multiple Grasshopper connections in one machine. Before installing a new one, you will need to uninstall the previous one first. To do so, please find the uninstaller from the following location:

- Windows: C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD xx\Uninstall.GC

- macOS: Applications\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD xx\Uninstall.GC

After that, you will be able to install the new connection.

I hope this will help you with the issue. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

mhoude
Booster

hello, we did try Applications\GRAPHISOFT\Archicad xx\Uninstall.GC and we still having the same message. Is there another way to clean all the file in the system

Hello,

Thank you for the information! If that's the case, here is what we can try:

- Please check the Applications > GRAPHISOFT > Add-ons and see if there is a folder called: Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection. If yes, please remove it. Same for the Uninstall.GC folder

- Please check the Users > [user name] > Library > Application Support > McNeel > Rhinoceros > 6.0 (or 7.0) > Plug-ins > Grasshopper > Libraries > and delete the ARCHICAD XX file from there.

- Please open the Terminal App and copy-paste the entire following line in there and hit enter:

sudo pkgutil --forget "com.graphisoft.ArchiCAD.Goodies.GHACLiveInstaller"

After this, restart the computer and then try to install the connection again. This time, it should go without any issues.

Could you please let me know how it goes?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!