BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 26 changed after mac update

peterpets96
Participant

Hi guys!

Shortly after updating my software on my MacBook Pro, I staterd noticing some radical changes.

Usually when I click a wall that needs to be lets say streched/extended I can see where the exact wall will end up being with only black lines, if that make sense, if not see the pics attached for reference.

Now after this update which I think is the problem, when I click on the wall to move it I can no longer see the location where it is about to land, unless I hover my mouse on top of the toolbar or somewhere else, or click on the toolbar. Then the wall starts behaving as usual. The fact that I cannot see my wall location when dragging isn't preventing me from actually moving it as the function is still working, I just cannot see its possible location unless hover my mouse somewhere else and this makes my work slow as F.

For reference, it happens with every object that can be stretched not only a wall.

Anyone has the same issue or is there something that I may have clicked not purposely?

Thanks in advance

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 14.32.33_940603a1.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 14.32.44_0e71648a.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I assume you have updated to macOS Sonoma? This is a known issue and is planned to be fixed in the next update. If you hover over any pet palette that appears when you stretch or drag the feedback on screen becomes visible again.

See this article for further information https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/macOS-14-Sonoma/ta-p/385787

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

I assume you have updated to macOS Sonoma? This is a known issue and is planned to be fixed in the next update. If you hover over any pet palette that appears when you stretch or drag the feedback on screen becomes visible again.

See this article for further information https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/macOS-14-Sonoma/ta-p/385787

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
peterpets96
Participant

Hi Lee!

Yes, exactly.

Waiting for the update then, do they have any sort of timescale when that's going to be released, can't seem to find that in the article?

Learn and get certified!