Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 27 Layer Manager column width - unusable

furtonb
Advisor

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but this is driving me mad:

1) Go to the layer manager, and try to resize the columns (visibility, wireframe, name, extension, intersection groups, etc.)

2) I cannot grab the vertical (red in my screenshot below) bars and resize the columns, occasionally I can click on one edge of the "Name" column.

3) A "cosmetic issue", but the columns themselves do not line up with the red bars (see the highlighted last two for example).

4) A serious problem is the complete inability to work with intersection groups: which ones are matching? I have no idea, because I need to click on each field to display the number at full length. I received this file and I have to understand how it is set up, because I need to deliver some renderings and the intersection groups are clearly wrong. I can't see what's going on, selecting multiple rows only show the first item.

5) All my AC27 files are behaving like this, not specific to particular files.

Screenshot:

furtonb_1-1714110894802.png

Seriously what:

furtonb_0-1714110586499.png

All of the highlighted items are "700" not "7":

furtonb_2-1714111360949.png

M1 Max MBP, macOS Ventura 13.6.4., AC27 INT b5003

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Ventura 13.6.4

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

The name column is the only column that can be resized.

All of them can be moved, so you can have them in the order you want.

The intersection group column should be wide enough for 3 numbers - in fact I can show 5 numbers in mine.

I always thought that was limited from 0 - 99  - I must have been imagining that!

BarryKelly_0-1714113218166.png

Having said that, I am on Windows, so another MAC user will need to test your issue.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

On my PC it shows up to 5 digits (99999 is the highest I can get).

I don't know why it shrunk to show this few digits, but that is issue nr.1 here, the other is the mismatch between the column "headers" and the actual columns (in your screenshot it is aligned - as it should be) is nr.2 here.

I can't reset this by changing the work environment to the default and I can't solve this by changing my screen resolution either – I'm out of ideas.

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
vlahtinen
Booster

Not sure if this helps, but have you tried a new file with the default template that's shipped with Archicad? I'm wondering if there's some kind of problem with your template.

We're also using Mac with Apple Silicon and Ventura and I haven't seen the problem before.

Multiple files are affected, regardless of their source.

This looks more like a UI bug (maybe rearranging the columns messed up the column width assignments, that I can’t force to reset?)

If it is all files on just this MAC machine, then only solutions I can think of are a preference clean.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/Preferences-Cleaning/ta-p/303676

Or a complete re-install of Archicad.

i.e. run original installer (it will ask you to repair original installation), install goodies if you want them and then update with latest hotfix.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author