BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad Training

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Im not too sure if this is exactly the correct forum for this topic.

I live in Canada and work for a residential builder who uses Archicad, the problem is that there seems to be a lack of training here in Canada and i was told that we might possibly switch to some other program, as they seem to have many issues with the program. But it mainly comes down to knowledge and understanding of the program.
Now i would say this is horrible news, since i know what archicad can do!

Any information on any kind of training or workshops would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
jwcote wrote:
But it mainly comes down to knowledge and understanding of the program.
This is absolutely true. I don't know what version you're working with, but there have been interactive training guides available with the past couple of releases. Also, look at Tom Simmon's Step by Step (book).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Karl Ottenstein
Of course, being in Calgary, you should contact your Alberta expert and reseller, Aaron Bourgoin:
http://www.virtual-north.com/
who is based north of you in Edmonton.

I'm a 5 hour drive from Banff... 6+ from Calgary...so scheduling something is possible. (Lots of Banff/Calgary people like to vacation on the lake in Sandpoint...so if its just you and a laptop, you might want to come on down.)

But, check with Aaron... and the online training resources. 🙂

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
jwcote wrote:
But it mainly comes down to knowledge and understanding of the program.
This is absolutely true. I don't know what version you're working with, but there have been interactive training guides available with the past couple of releases. Also, look at Tom Simmon's Step by Step (book).
Laura, do you have a link to Tom Simmon’s book?
Carstenem
Expert
My ARCHICAD speed modeling channels is very useful too, as I am pushing the boundaries of ARCIHCAD there.
Free of course, please check it out here:

www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ZZv1KYtYJlJqCrGdD5huQ

Cheers Carsten
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Learn and get certified!