BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad with limited functions

agroni
Booster
We all here, as archicad users, are aware that the software that we work with is powerful and offers many solutions. Sometimes we work intensively and sometimes we just need to view something. For the options that it offers, it also has a high price

Specially to use the software with a full license just for viewing, I find it a very expensive solution. Therefore, wanted to know if there is a solution to work with an archicad (without a license) as a viewer. It must apply also for teamwork options. And here I really mean just viewing, where the users can mostly view, draw 2D Elements and not have the possibility to copy/print/save/send.

One idea would be to save a teamwork file as a *.PLN and work on in it in DEMO mode. It is cumbersome since everyday or even more times per day the PLN would need to be save again to see the last modifications in the project.

My question is, how can I tell the license manager not to hand over a license to a specific PC?

Or is there another better way to implement this method?
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
Yes, you can use DEMO version of ArchiCAD for just viewing the file.
Or you can use BIMx. This is even better - because you can review the model and drawings on your phone or tablet computer.
BIMx is for free.

I was working in one company, where director was using only BIMx. He did screenshots and marked them up. The team was issuing new BIMx file every week to show progress of work.
Learn and get certified!