Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archiplus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once upon a time I could find the location of videos and instruction for Archiplus subscription holders (which I am), but for some reason can't seem to find that spot again.
I thought I've looked under all the expected tabs at graphisoft.com to no avail.
What the heck am I missing?
Anybody with a hint?
Thanks
lec
13 REPLIES 13
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
JaredBanks wrote:
Hopefully BIMcomponents.com will help streamline the distribution process.
The role of BIMComponents isn't clear to me yet - at the moment it replicates the ArchiCAD repository. It would be great if it had commercial characteristics too, so objects could alternatively be sold, or licensed to subscribers etc.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
It would be great if it had commercial characteristics too, so objects could alternatively be sold, or licensed to subscribers etc.
There is a filter for commercial license types. Maybe they intend to sell commercial parts?
JaredBanks
Mentor
that would be nice.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Ralph wrote:
JaredBanks wrote:
Hopefully BIMcomponents.com will help streamline the distribution process.
The role of BIMComponents isn't clear to me yet - at the moment it replicates the ArchiCAD repository. It would be great if it had commercial characteristics too, so objects could alternatively be sold, or licensed to subscribers etc.
I think there are some differences.

First, the BIMComponents Portal has admins who check every uploaded object and library, along with an automatic checking algorithm. This is to ensure object quality.
Second, there is clear indication of the Licence type of objects, whether they are free to use or free to use and modify.
Third, there are possibilities to rate, comment, share objects. Also there are other social functions like sharing on Facebook or Twitter.
Fourth, the BIMComponents.com Portal is fully integrated into ArchiCAD, you can search for objects from ArchiCAD, you can upload objects from ArchiCAD, you can drag-and-drop object from the Portal into the program.
Fifth, the Portal uses the GDL Web Plug-In that lets you view the Object and its settings and parameters so you can find out it is good for you before downloading, thus saving time.

As far as I know, the commercial aspects of the site are planned to be implemented later. Supporting this is the fact that objects can be set to Commercial licence type in ArchiCAD, only currently these cannot be uploaded to the BIMComponents.com Portal.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27