BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archiplus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once upon a time I could find the location of videos and instruction for Archiplus subscription holders (which I am), but for some reason can't seem to find that spot again.
I thought I've looked under all the expected tabs at graphisoft.com to no avail.
What the heck am I missing?
Anybody with a hint?
Thanks
lec
13 REPLIES 13
JaredBanks
Mentor
Here's some:

http://www.graphisoftus.com/events.php

Would be nice if there were more or if there was a 'ArchiPlus' portal page that was more than just telling you what you got and the price.

I'm sure there are more videos though, on some other page.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Jared, that's the page I remember.
Silly me, did not think to look at: Graphisoftus.com pretty obvious once you pointed it out. I was looking all through just Graphisoft.com/etc/etc to my
great frustration.

Seems likes it's for everyone, which it should be.
I thought it was only for those with subscription, but that must be just the first showing?

Take care.
Be safe out there.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
<<beyond Archiplus>>

it seems like each country has local distributors creating content for their own local subscription users...

from what I gather in New Zealand Cadimage offer their tools to locals who buy Archicad subscription. Here in Oz we got some of those tools with our subscription - sadly that was discontinued a few releases back....and the benefits are rather anemic (a localized library that rarely ships on time, and insurance for the dongles, along with phone support are the main remaining features).

Now GS has introduced the new bimcomponents.com I suggest GS should introduce a channel for subscription members. Language issues aside, if all the duplicated effort was consolidated and offered to subscribers, it could really benefit the community.
JaredBanks
Mentor
It would be nice to pool resources between regions and resellers.

It would also be nice to have an updated list of subscription benefits.

It's not highly publicized, but there is (or will be) content on BIMcomponents.com that is only for people on subscription. There is also the BIMx Premium Account for ArchiPlus subscribers who also have BIMx. I wrote an article about it here:

http://blog.graphisoftus.com/archicad-user/bimx-premium-account-surprise-youve-got-more-features

For local features there is of course also the modular joinery object for UK subscribers. The rest of us just have to... well
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

vistasp
Advisor
JaredBanks wrote:
For local features there is of course also the modular joinery object for UK subscribers. The rest of us just have to... well
Wasn't the MJO distributed to all users on subscription? I asked my (then) reseller who contacted GSUK and got it for us. Now of course, we don't HAVE a reseller but that's another story altogether.

Coming back to the thread, it would be great for all users if resources could be pooled instead of reinventing the wheel in each region.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
vistasp wrote:
Wasn't the MJO distributed to all users on subscription?
Yes, and that's still the case. But it's amazing (frightening?) how difficult it is to even give an object away. GSUK has also commissioned me to develop an electrical library, an ambulant design library (grab rails, toilets, etc), and recently an add-on to remap objects from a variety of sources (DWG/IFC/legacy ArchiCAD) onto current GDL objects for UK subscribers.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Eduardo Rolon
Ralph wrote:
vistasp wrote:
Yes, and that's still the case. …
Where? I never got the information about MJO.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

JaredBanks
Mentor
Hopefully BIMcomponents.com will help streamline the distribution process. And hopefully Ralph your other commissioned objects will get officially spread to the rest of us. Sounds like some awesome things we could all use.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
ejrolon wrote:
Ralph wrote:
vistasp wrote:
Yes, and that's still the case. …
Where? I never got the information about MJO.
That seems to be a large part of the problem - there's a lack of communication about interesting developments connected with ArchiCAD. Distributors all over the world can hand out the MJO to subscribers - if your reseller doesn't know about this, ask them to contact Graphisoft UK.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!