BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Attach/trim base of wall to roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to attach/trim the base of a wall to a roof in a similar fashion to attaching/trimming the top of a wall to a roof?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, just the exact same way, with connect just select the other part of the wall you want to keep, or solid element operation with downward extrusion.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply arqrivas.

I must be getting something wrong when trying to trim the bottom of the wall to the roof as it trims the top of it instead.

Could you give me some pointers please, the same for the solid element operation please.

I'm trying to achieve an infill between two roofs with the top trimmed to the top roof and the bottom trimmed to the lower roof
Barry Kelly
In 3D view select just the wall then right click > Connect > Trim Elements to Roof/Shell.
Now select the roof and then move the mouse to highlight the section of the wall you want to keep and click.

With SEO you can choose to subtract with upward extrusion to trim the top or subtract with downward extrusion to trim the bottom.

You may need to make sure the roof Building Material is stronger than the wall Building Material otherwise the wall will show through to the opposite edge of the roof when using trim command.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
In 3D view select just the wall then right click > Connect > Trim Elements to Roof/Shell.
Now select the roof and then move the mouse to highlight the section of the wall you want to keep and click.
Perfect thanks Barry, it was the order that I was getting incorrect.

Previously I'd selected the wall and roof at the same time to connect them both using the trim elements to roof/shell.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I couldn't answer right away, but good that you got it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqrivas wrote:
Sorry I couldn't answer right away, but good that you got it!
Nothing to apologise for, you kindly gave me the solution, I just didn't know how to execute it properly!
Learn and get certified!