Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Autocad to Archicad for tracing everything

Anonymous
Not applicable
I make every detail of a building in Autocad, then I want to trace them in archicad. After placing the walls in the position I cannot see the location of window and door in the drawing I imported from autocad. Is there any way of playing with the transparency of wall while working in 2D view.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Bishnu:

I would create a Graphic Override (GO) Rule that sets all Cut Fills to Transparent, then add that Rule to a new GO Combination. That way you can turn the fills on and off easily when tracing the plan.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
There are also sliders in the Trace and Reference dialog box that will let you adjust the visual intensity of both the active view and the Trace view independently. You can set the active view lower and the reference view higher.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
Also in Trace & Reference dialogue you can turn on 'Fill and Zone Transparency'.
There should also be 'splitters' at the side of the screen that you can slide across to see the reference underneath.
And you can toggle the reference so it is on top.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11