Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Baseboard secret?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I’ve tried using the beam tool and magic wand some baseboards into a room and although it works well the baseboard runs across door openings.
Without having to go in and cut out the door spans and drag and mess around is there an automated way to do this?

I haven’t tried the baseboards in goodies only because I have yet to see a video of this going well also.

I really would like to stay within the program to accomplish the task of baseboards. In Revit you can add baseboards as “sweeps” to a wall profile.
I’m hoping there is some kind of secret Archicad option buried somewhere in the program.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The opening takes the Wall thickness where the Anchor is.
Try changing the Anchor, Header to Wall Base instead of Still to.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Karl Ottenstein
Look at creating a profile for your wall that includes the baseboard:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76455/

This one is a bit out of date as far as software features, but will give you some ideas:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25558/
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but if it’s part of the complex profile I won’t have control over where it appears and where I’d like a certain part of a wall not to have baseboard.
Of course I’m spewing this off the top of my head without first trying your suggestion, this is what I anticipate the shortcomings of that approach might be...
Yes, there is an automated way to do this. Interior Accessories in Goodies. I'd suggest the zone approach rather than the selected wall approach, but they both work.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you I will look that up.

Not sure how to access goodies in Verison 22 but I’m sure it’s somewhere?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I loaded the Goodies folder. I now have “accessories” in the Design menu drop-down.

I click on “wall accessories” and the “choose wall accessory object” dialogue box opens and there is nothing to chose.

“not available in the loaded libraries” comes up.

Is this supposed to be this difficult or did I just fail the Archicad entrance exam?
The accessories library needs to be in the loaded libraries.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
Michael wrote:
Thanks, but if it’s part of the complex profile I won’t have control over where it appears and where I’d like a certain part of a wall not to have baseboard.
If you can upgrade to version 22, then you can use 'Modifiers' in your complex profiles.
So you can have your baseboard (skirting) that is stretchable in size.
To hide it simply stretch the height or width to zero.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try the modifiers approach.

In the meantime I still can't get the goodies to load. I've never worked so hard for a baseboard. It would be easier if I just included the installation of the baseboards in my contract and I'll install the damn things myself instead of drawing them in AC.

Here are some screen shots. Can anyone tell from them what I'm doing wrong?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I tried uploading images but all I keep getting is this error message. See below.
It seems I can't even get that right, lol.
I quit.

"The image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 1920 pixels wide and 1200 pixels high. The submitted image is 1976 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high."