BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Beam representation on multiple storeys

Anonymous
Not applicable
I only found one other reference to my query, back in 2008, but it didnt really get answered... archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=23546&highlight=beam+storey+display

so my question is this- how would I get a beam to display across multiple storeys having it's display on each storey relative to that storey's floorplan cut plane? If I place a beam on the ground floor, cutplane 1100mm, beam at 2400mm, set the display to projected with overhead, the beam will display using the overhead linetype. If i set the same beam to display one storey up, on the first floor, it stilll displays with it's overhead line type, despite the fact that in 3d the beam is well below the cutplane for the first floor... this seems illogical to me, and I can't see that there's any way around it, is that correct?

Using AC15
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Nick00R:

I was able to get the Outlines > Overhead Lines to display on the 1st story, and the Outlines > Uncut Lines to display on the 2nd story by setting Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories > All Relevant Stories and Floor Plan Display > Floor Plan Display > Projected with Overhead, and the appropriate Floor Plan Cut Plane settings for each story. Try experimenting with these settings to see if you can get the result you want.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Thanks David!!!!

Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Achille:

Glad to know that helped.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I was going nuts on this!!!

The "Show on all relevant stories" was what I was missing!
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Learn and get certified!