BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Black Screen In 3D Mode

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Everyone.

I am currently working on this huge project with 7 buildings on a large siteplan and have been having som problems switching into 3D mode. I have spoke to many different people on this and have been trying to get it to work poperly.

Today I tried turning off a few layers with a lot of elements on them, and now the 3D window is completely black, I can not zoom, orbit or anything. Does this happen often? Does anyone know why??

I am confused and frustrated! any help would be appreciated!!

Michelle
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
OS? AC version? Hardware specs?
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC 10, Core 2 Duo Processor 3 GB or RAM, graphics gaming card.. what is OS??
Erich
Contributor
By OS Mathew means what operating system are you using? Mac, Windows...
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh hehe.. I am using Windows XP Pro Edition!
Anonymous
Not applicable
M_Cutrara wrote:
Hello Everyone.

I am currently working on this huge project with 7 buildings on a large siteplan and have been having som problems switching into 3D mode. I have spoke to many different people on this and have been trying to get it to work poperly.
So it appears your machine should be adequate though we can't rule out display card/driver issues. What sort of problems are you having?
Today I tried turning off a few layers with a lot of elements on them, and now the 3D window is completely black, I can not zoom, orbit or anything. Does this happen often? Does anyone know why??
Have you tried rebuilding the 3D view? I think I remember seeing the 3D window go black when the modeling process was interrupted.
Learn and get certified!