Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bounding text box of leader

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are two ways to insert text, one with a double click in which the text continues on with out any carriage returns and drawing a "text box" in which the text continues along with in the bound parameters of the box that you create.
Is there a way to create text box for a leader in this way before inserting it?
It also seems that when I inherit the properties of a "bound" leader and use it to draw another one the text box is lost and it becomes a long string of text.

What am I missing?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sorry to say that what I think we are all missing is a label tool that works sensibly. I don't think there are any tricks to help you out here.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you pick up the parameters of a label, it should store the text settings exactly. This includes the Text Block Frame and the text within it. Try Alt/Opt clicking on a multiline label, then going to the Default Label Settings dialog. Under the Text panel, you should see the lines of text exactly as they were picked up, although you are able to change it here if you want.

It is a 'feature' that injecting from one label into another, won't transfer the actual text. Note also that the geometry is never transferred, not for any element.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link,

That is what I wish it did, keep the text block frame. When I inherit the properties of a multiline label it does use the same text but the text block is eliminated and it goes to one line. Does this happen for you as well, or is there some default I have checked wrong?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No it works fine for me - the multiple lines come in as multiple lines. What build are you using? 987?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, 987.
And by muli-line I mean text that has been made multi-line by the text box, not by my own carriage returns.
I eye dropper a multi-line boxed leader and then draw it new and it is on one line.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sorry for the confusion Derek, but it seems that the bounding box falls into the geometry category and is not transferred. Only manual returns are.

Cheers,
Link.