2019-12-1003:45 PM - last edited on 2023-05-2302:07 PM by Rubia Torres
This has happened to me on and off and I can't figure out the solution. The wall in the middle is not intersecting as it should. It does no heal with the block wall below or the roof above. I have confirmed;
1. The layer priorities are all the same.
2. The building material intersection priorities are all set correctly. For example, the block is a higher priority than the wood stud wall above it and the GWB. They should not be showing.
3. They are all on the same renovation filter.
What am I missing? This should all heal up correctly. When I move the wood wall onto the concrete slab, the priorities work.
1. Walls do not automatically intersect with other vertically overlapping Walls. To solve this situation I would suggest you define a Complex Profile Wall with Parametric Wall Skin heights so you can adjust the vertical heights of your Wall skins manually after placement. The other option is to use SEO to subtract the body of the lower Wall from the upper Wall.
2. Wall-Roof Connections are not automatic either, you have to use the "Trim Elements to Roof/Shell" command.
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD 2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC26 Loving Archicad since 1995
I remember reading somewhere in the help guidance that for PBCs to work the baseline / planes need to intersect. Much like wall intersections on plan, you need to have a floor slab connect with the wall baseline.