BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Building Materials - Priority numbers not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
The composite wall has a building material Gypsum that has a 300 priority number, yet it is overriding higher priority numbers within a Composite Slab. See Atachment

Priority.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
Paul wrote:
Actually that is another problem - what are we supposed to do if a new wall needs to meet an existing wall cleanly? For example at a non orthogonal angle, so that without cleanup, one wall overlaps the other incorrectly?

Wouldn't the new wall be cut off at the existing wall?
Or the existing wall would be cut to allow the new wall to pass through?
They wouldn't actually overlap each other.
I think this is just the old "model it as it is built" scenario.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Paul King
Advisor
Hi , I am trying to describe the scenario where if reference lines are touching, and a new wall meets old wall at an angle, if the new wall does not clean up/is not trimmed at an angle against the old wall (even if old wall has higher materials and intersection priorities than the new wall), than part of the new wall will display as overlapping the old wall

However I discovered this issue is actually just a function of the default sketch plan renovation filter setting where 'Do Not Intersect' setting had been ticked. Editing the renovation filter so that it is unticked it allows the new wall to be trimmed appropriately against the old wall.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Learn and get certified!