Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cache corruption error!

cgrimley
Contributor
So I had 2 instances of Archicad open, one crashed so I closed the other one to get the recovery dialog box to show up. Now when I try to open the recovered file I get the attached error.

Anybody seen this before?

I sure would like to open the recovered file so I don't lose any work.

cache corruption.png
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
11 REPLIES 11
ares997
Contributor
We are actually having this error occur consistently within a few teams. The error is "Incompatible or Corrupt Cache." Is there some setting that might need to be adjusted on certain systems?

Thanks.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
ares997 wrote:
We are actually having this error occur consistently within a few teams. The error is "Incompatible or Corrupt Cache." Is there some setting that might need to be adjusted on certain systems?.
Hi, this is something that we should definitely check. Next time a similar issue appears please create a support package right away, (Help/Create Support package) and contact our US support team: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/USA.html They will give you a link where you can upload the package and will get back to you on updates about the investigation.

One idea to address this relatively quickly is to re-share the project (save a pln and then share that as a new TW project), try this after the support package has been created.

Regards,
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT