Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cache corruption error!

cgrimley
Contributor
So I had 2 instances of Archicad open, one crashed so I closed the other one to get the recovery dialog box to show up. Now when I try to open the recovered file I get the attached error.

Anybody seen this before?

I sure would like to open the recovered file so I don't lose any work.

cache corruption.png
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
11 REPLIES 11
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
I received the same error on my home computer and couldn't get the project open. I uninstalled and reinstalled AC15, including the user folder, several times without any success.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
cgrimley
Contributor
I probably should have noted this in the first post, but this was in a teamwork project. I eventually bit the bullet and just signed in under another user, forced the original me out then saved a .pln. Currently I'm the only one in our office working on the project so I am going to keep it a .pln for a bit. Hopefully it doesn't happen to the .pln file too, that could be bad.

Anyone at GS know what would cause this error?
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
Eduardo Rolon
I have seen it happen to PLNs so keep using command+S so that you can recover from a backup if necessary.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Casey,

If you still have the local cache folder of that teamwork project, we might be able to look into it and see what went wrong. The folder you are looking for is under /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft/TW Data/AC-15.0.0 and there you will find folders in the project name_username format. If you still have it, give us a call.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
cgrimley
Contributor
Greg, I ended up deleting it and moving on with just a .pln. I will eventually take it back into teamworks and if it happens again I will be sure to give you a call.

Thanks!
Casey Grimley
AC24
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
Casey,

If you still have the local cache folder of that teamwork project, we might be able to look into it and see what went wrong. The folder you are looking for is under /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft/TW Data/AC-15.0.0 and there you will find folders in the project name_username format. If you still have it, give us a call.

Greg
Hi Greg,

We had the same problem, I checked project local data folder, we still have it.
Have you found solution for this issue, we're facing this problem every morning when open the file even thought delete local data and reload project from BIM Server.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Riiiv,

Please make a copy of the whole folder and back it up somewhere. Someone from my team will contact you soon.

A shot in the dark: If you have a virus checker running, set it to exclude the TW Data folder from checking. Maybe it interferes with our autosave process.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
Riiiv,

Please make a copy of the whole folder and back it up somewhere. Someone from my team will contact you soon.

A shot in the dark: If you have a virus checker running, set it to exclude the TW Data folder from checking. Maybe it interferes with our autosave process.

Greg
Greg,

Yes I will do it now, I'm waiting for your support, my company contact:
giang.daovutruong at atlasindustries dot com

To be specific,
-It's just happening last 3 days
-Happen when opening file every morning
-Just happen for 1 computer in the whole team (10 people)
-Check project folder after crash, it's just half size of the other fine computer project folder (2,7GB to 5.4GB)
-The work around is delete local data and reload project from BIM Server, it'll be fine for the rest of that day

Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Greg,

I'm uploading the local data folder onto your site, I'll let know know when finish as the file size is big.

I haven't tried with your option set up the virus checking but currently, our IT suggested solution is "delete / re-create user profile" on that computer (I don't really understand as it's IT technical term) but it fixed the issue.