BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Camera/vr scene

Tom Krowka
Booster
I seem to be having some trouble with this process. I set up several actual cameras within a camera name. There are four cameras within a camera. How do I link this to the VR scene dialogue box. If I select all the cameras, then go to VR scene, they are deselected.

Is a camera actually a "camera path" capable of many individual cameras? Or should each camera be only one camera.

How do I link the camera path to the VR scene? I'm trying to learn the meander; I'm stuck on the first step. It looks easy after this.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Cameras are different than VR Scenes.

For a VR Scene you will need to go to the VR Scene tab of your camera tool and place panoramas. To link one to another (and therefore create a 'scene'), you need to start by placing the second on the center of the first and then clicking it's position. To link two placed panoramas, simply click on the center of one, then on the center of the other, whilst in the VR Scene tool.

Hope that clears it up a little.

Cheers,
Link.
Tom Krowka
Booster
I think I have it figured out.....sort of. Another couple of questions. Is there any way to generate the scene in 3d window rather than photorealistic to save time, then generate again later in photor? Also, when I generate the scene, it is rotated 90 degrees in the PR window. The bottom of the building is parallel to the right side of the screen. (using version 9)

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Is there any way to generate the scene in 3d window rather than photorealistic to save time, then generate again later in photor?
No mate! Once it created, it's created! And that's through the photorendering engine only!

Also, when I generate the scene, it is rotated 90 degrees in the PR window. The bottom of the building is parallel to the right side of the screen.
The reason for this is because it is faster for the rendering engine to generate it this way, but it is not your final product! That will be wherever you chose to save it!

Cheers,
Link.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Thanks to all. But love that meander thing, once I figured it out. Clients love it.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Learn and get certified!