Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can a .lck file be retrieved once the project was closed?

Jefferson
Participant
major dumb SH!_ move here.........I had a bunch of programs running and in closing them all down I accidentally closed a session of AC without saving, after oh, about 4 hours of intense & valuable work......unbelievable but sadly true.

I am wondering if the .lck files generated as what I have always assumed are autosave associated, once discarded or trashed, can be retrieved, [from where ever they go], and be used to get back to where I was...........maybe this should go on my wish list, but if someone knows where I can find it, assuming it's still "out there", and unless otherwise cautioned, I can give it a go at least.

Heading to the beach to walk the dog and berate myself outside........
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
12 REPLIES 12
Jefferson
Participant
"Maybe beer was Jeff's problem in the first place?

I'll just ...Hic!... shut down this ...Hic!... application ...Hic!
Was I ...Hic!... supposed to ...Hic!... press that ...Hic!... button? "

ouch mate! the self-destruct of this posting may be accelerated at the owner's discretion..........
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laughing because I have "Zombied-Out" in the same fashion, Jeff.

Hate to post here after the days have gone by and you have healed a bit from your self inflected wound.

I was curious (big problem) and looked at my C:\Documents and Settings\Jay\Graphisoft folder and found there to be 4 "ArchiCAutoSaveave Folders" Only the two most recent ArchiCAutoSaveave Folders had the additional ArchiCAD.TMP and @Lock.T files. The other two ArchiCAD AutoSave Folders may be from my previous version AC10.

Also in the Root Graphisoft floder I found 265 CrashDump-......dmp Files.

Are these files and folder ever purged? Can we? Should we?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'd delete them. I ~think~ the dump files are only needed if GS tech support al for them, and when's the last time that happened?;-)

GS used to (and hopefully will continue to) release ArchiCAD Cleaner applications that would clean all that old stuff out. Very effective cleaners if you can find them.

Cheers,
Link.