Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't Save Section To DWG

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had two users encounter this problem in the last two days on two different projects. They were saving building sections to DWG for sub-contractors. All of the sections save except for one. ArchiCAD would display an error message that said "Cannot write output file."

We tried saving to the Desktop, restarting ArchiCAD, and deleting the section marker and putting a new one in -- neither of these attempts worked.

Any ideas why this is happening?
7 REPLIES 7
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
It's possible that there is a library part in the section that isn't converting correctly. You could try turning each layer off, seperately, and seeing if it is able to convert. This would at least tell you if it is a library part causing the problem and allow you to correct it.

Otherwise, in a pinch, you could copy the contents of the section with CTRL+A, CTRL+C then open an independent detail and press CTRL+V. This would create a less desirable 2D section, but should bypass any issues the DWG converter might be having.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay, maybe this simple steps can help you, this is what I do, first on the navigator, drag your file to the publisher window
Anonymous
Not applicable
view set publishing properties, to browse and name a new file and place it on the desktop (for example)
Anonymous
Not applicable
name a new folder, to desktop
Anonymous
Not applicable
publish
4publish copy.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
and go to your new document (publish)on your desktop, in this case and find your dwg file. If you need all at the same time, just select all, choose the extension, save as, and publish.

I hope this help you.

Regards,
David W
5dwg-file.png
TomWaltz
Participant
Jay wrote:
I have had two users encounter this problem in the last two days on two different projects. They were saving building sections to DWG for sub-contractors. All of the sections save except for one. ArchiCAD would display an error message that said "Cannot write output file."

We tried saving to the Desktop, restarting ArchiCAD, and deleting the section marker and putting a new one in -- neither of these attempts worked.

Any ideas why this is happening?
Jay,

I've had that happen a lot. I have never been able to get it to work directly. The closest workaround was to publish out of Plotmaker (yuk!)
Tom Waltz