Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Can't exit Fly mode in 3D navigation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't seem to exit Fly mode. I've pressed "f" and "ESC", and it doesn't work. Is there a way to reset navigation mode?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
The arrow keys or WASD keys are used to move.
Fly mode just means you will be stuck on the ground or you can fly upward if you look up (by moving the mouse) and move forward (arrow or W).

If the keyboard shourtcuts are not working then you may have another program running in the background that is hijacking those shortcuts.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
Do you mean when you are just in the 3D window?
There is no 'Fly' mode here.

Only when you go into the "Explore" mode can the fly mode be turned on and off with the 'F' key.
ESC will exit the explore mode and return you to the 3D window.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I meant on explore mode. And yes I tried F and ESC, neither will get me out of fly mode. I’m stuck without the ability to move forward.
Solution
Barry Kelly
The arrow keys or WASD keys are used to move.
Fly mode just means you will be stuck on the ground or you can fly upward if you look up (by moving the mouse) and move forward (arrow or W).

If the keyboard shourtcuts are not working then you may have another program running in the background that is hijacking those shortcuts.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all. There was something wring with my keyboard. Seems like a key was pressed internally.
Brad Elliott
Booster
Caleb, I just updated to 4005 and am now having the same problem on my Mac. Despite this being a MacBook Pro I don't have any key issues and am just stuck in place. No escape key and no f key. How did you get out of this?
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brad wrote:
Caleb, I just updated to 4005 and am now having the same problem on my Mac. Despite this being a MacBook Pro I don't have any key issues and am just stuck in place. No escape key and no f key. How did you get out of this?
I haven't experienced the same problem recently since I changed my keyboard, ...but I'm still not certain, as I have experienced some other "interesting" click issues. Before changing my keyboard, the only way I could get out of that would be resetting the computer. I hope I had a better answer.
genarch
Enthusiast
I'm having the same problem, I can enter the "Walk" mode but while I can look around with the mouse I cannot move at all. This was working just yesterday. I have not upgraded any software or hardware between yesterday and today. It just randomly stopped working. I have quit and reopened ArchiCAD, the only thing I have not yet tried is rebooting.

ArchiCAD 20 8005
Mac OSX 11.6.8

AC26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM

hi! did you ever find a solution to this problem? someone in our office is having the same issue and we have tried the suggested solutions above to no avail.