Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can you change the default 2D Representation Fill Type?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every object I use (including doors, windows, furniture, equipment, sitework, beams, columns, etc.....) has "pavement" as its default fill type under "2D Representation or "Floor Plan Symbol". Since I never really use this type, I must change it everytime I use an object listed above. Is there a way to change it, so I can choose what default I want....say "Empty Fill".
6 REPLIES 6
Srinivas
Booster
goose724 wrote:
Every object I use (including doors, windows, furniture, equipment, sitework, beams, columns, etc.....) has "pavement" as its default fill type under "2D Representation or "Floor Plan Symbol". Since I never really use this type, I must change it everytime I use an object listed above. Is there a way to change it, so I can choose what default I want....say "Empty Fill".
You can make your choice of fill type as a default in two ways one is to create a Favourite by saving your settings into favourites and loading those favourites. The other way is to create a template file with all these default settings and load this template when you want to start a new project.

Also please put which version of ArchiCAD you are using under the signature of your profile so that we can understand and help you better.

Hope this helps,

srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this count for changing all of the default object fills together, or individually? Everyone of my objects has "pavement" as its default 2D fill, and I want all of them to have airspace or empty. Can I do this is one sweeping move, or do I have to change each individually, and then create the temp.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just checked and the default fill of every object I looked at
was set to 85 Empty Fill. Something is strange here.
What library are you using ?
What is the index number for "Pavement" as set in your attributes manager ?

There is one more way to change the default fill for each object.
Open each object, File->Libraries and Objects->open object,
and change the fill to what you want in the parameter list then save
the object.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine is set to 85 as well, but my 85 is Pavement 16. I'll see about changing it up.

And I am using Object Library 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your fill numbers do not correspond to the defaults shipped with archicad. I had this issue and replaced my fills with the archicad defaults and then added any custom fills I use back in. You can use attribute manager to do this. Make sure when you add your fills back in you choose append rather than overwrite.

Thank you Srinivas and Michael. I think the trouble we are having is trying to correct this once we are already working on a file. i don't know how to to do this , but your advice was very helpful!

2RA Building Workshop
www.2rabldgworkshop.com

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz. 16.0 GB. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU.
ArchiCAD 25. 5002 USA Full