BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cannot select multiple objects or deselect

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the last few days I cannot select more than one object by clicking and then shift clicking. Also, once I select an object if I click in an empty space (in plan view) the object won't deselect.

Any clues what I might try to get my ArchiCAD and/or Mac cleaned up so this works normally? Once I got it fixed by rebooting my Mac, but it's back today.

Thank you for the help!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Doug,

Do you have grid snap turned on by mistake? The cursor may be snapping to the main grid lines instead of exactly where the cursor is.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter--No, I don't have grid snap turned on. Thank you for the suggestion, though.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would suspect some graphics card driver issue.
Try to upgrade to the latest drivers, or if you are on the latest drivers, an earlier driver.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszo---Thank you for the idea. I'll check in it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I searched the Nvidia website and their form shows no driver upgrades for my graphics card:
Nvidia GeForce 86 M GT.
Also, they don't seem to have old drivers for it either.

I installed AC13 for a new project and it's acting up too. Chose Line tool, clicked and moved curser...no line, rather I get a selection marquee (which does select objects). Same thing with the Fill tool, Wall tool, etc.

Any ideas on what else I could try?
Karl Ottenstein
Doug,

Your signature says you are on a Mac. This business of going to manufacturer's web sites for drivers is a Windows thing. On Mac, Apple provides all drivers as part of the OS, bundling any updates into the next release.

If you've gone to the Apple menu and done a Software Update... and installed everything available, then there's not much else you can do from a driver standpoint. (Your signature says 10.6.6, but 10.6.7 is the current OS X version - and the 10.6.7 release was advertised to include some updated graphics drivers.)

This does not sound like a graphics issue to me anyway.

There are some strange behaviors on Mac that Graphisoft is aware of, such as rubber banding not being visible if you switch applications while ArchiCAD is launching. (Hiding ArchiCAD via cmd-H and then bringing it back to full screen resolves that one.)

The fact that you installed 13 and it is acting up also seems really odd.

By any chance, do you have a second monitor plugged into your mac, but which is powered off? If so, either turn it on, or unplug it. That causes erratic mouse behavior which could be related to your issue

My last idea for the day on this one is that you have some other program or utility installed on your Mac that is causing the issue. Create a login for a new, non-administrative, user. Log out and log in as that new user and see if the problem persists.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,
Thank you for the thorough reply! I've turned off some little shareware items I've collected and both AC12 and AC13 are acting better so far.

I was warned NOT to upgrade to OS 10.6.7 because it's supposed to cause problems in AC with making pdf's or something. I heard this from an AC users group--I'll have to look into it further here on this forum.

Switching programs while AC loads could be a contributing factor. I'll use your Hide and show again tip.

Doug
Learn and get certified!