BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cant create morph in 3D in higher stories

adrianasofiasm_
Booster

Hi!

I've been using the morph tool to create a rectangular slab (as pictured), and I've been doing it on the elevation tab since it's easier to get the shape right. I did it plenty of times, but literally all of a sudden, without me having touched any setting or key, I suddenly can't draw a morph on the elevation tab. I then tried to do it on the 3D (as I have done multiple times in the same file), but then, I can't bring it down or up de z axis, because the grid moves up to the starting point of my morph (Notice the grid is at ground level in the first image, when I have not yet began to draw the morph). THEN, I gave up and tried drawing it on the floor plan in the story in which it is supposed to go, but when I go to 3D to see how it looks/manipulate it, I couldn't even find the morph. Turns out, It was below the ground 0 level, under the "terrain" slab. I tried quitting archicad and restarting it, but the problem persists. 

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 12.38.50 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 12.39.44 AM.png

 Thanks!!

  

  

AC27 USA - MacBook Pro 14" - Apple M1 Pro - 16 GB
1 REPLY 1
cuba
Advocate

I don't know why you can't draw morphs but for rectangular shapes it might be better to use the slab tool or wall tool. I never draw morphs; I only use morphs when I want to modify a library element....

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27
Learn and get certified!