Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Catnic Lintels/Beams

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm struggling with this one. How do people add in lintels/steel/beams, in this case a Catnic CG90/100 for a cavity wall?

I feel I should be adding this detail in 3D or should I just draw it in 2D over my section cut in the view map.

I've looked through the Beam tool and the Import Standard Steel Profiles and the closest I could find was a Z shape under EuroCode. But it's not right. On the Catnic site they have BIM models but they are all in .rfa (Revit) format, no idea how you get that into ArchiCAD for OSX users. They also have DWG files but each time I've tried to import in ArchiCAD 20, even with the import scale set to mm, it's not the correct scale. The only success I have had is using Sketchup to save the DWG to SKP, open that in ArchiCAD 20 and copy/paste into the working plan.

For future UK Catnic lintel needs should I follow a 'Complex Custom Profile' tutorial, assuming that this would allow me to start adding in the dwg/profiles and manufactures specs so I can insert this as a 3D object next time? Unless there is a UK plugin I not seen...

I just not sure how to tackle next time without using something like Sketchup, unless that is a typical process.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend
breathee wrote:
I'm struggling with this one. How do people add in lintels/steel/beams, in this case a Catnic CG90/100 for a cavity wall?

For future needs should I follow a 'Complex Custom Profile' tutorial?
I highly recommend to look into it 🙂
Custom profiles are neither vodoo, nor that 'complex'. Instead this is one of the very basic things to use in Archicad.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, just create a Complex Profile of that Lintel in the Profile Manager, make it available for the Beam Tool and place a Profiled Beam that uses this Profile.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, I shall check out the Complex Custom Profile in more detail.

@runxel, haven't come across a need to use this plugin, but great idea! No chance of getting it to run in Atom Editor?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That clip you linked in is about a totally different are of ARCHICAD (Energy Evaluation).

Go on YouTube and search for "archicad complex profiles", you will find multiple videos about it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!