Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Change zone boundary outline method

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am looking for a way to change zone boundary outline. I have some zones that were input via manual click at the outline. I would like to change them to centerline of the walls. Any easy way to do it automatically. I have lots of them.

Thanks.

Tom.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Yep

If the walls are correctly joined, then just switch them to automatic and update.

If not, and they have to stay manual, select one by one and use polygon editing tools. You know how to edit polygons, don't you?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Tom Krowka
Booster
Tried the switch to automatic and update, but it had no effect. I can edit the polygons, but it is time consuming for the number of zones I have. Am looking for a way to let the computer do it all at once.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Djordje
Ace
Tom wrote:
Tried the switch to automatic and update, but it had no effect. I can edit the polygons, but it is time consuming for the number of zones I have. Am looking for a way to let the computer do it all at once.

Tom
Select all the zones at the same time and then change them to automatic. Check the areas after the update; if some walls are not joined properly, some zones might "leak". If your zone backgrounds are off, you will see the polygons only when you select them.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen