Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Changing Story Levels of an Existing Project in Archicad

Kikoria
Enthusiast

Hello. I've had this big trouble while working on a project. I've done literally everything for submitting the project. Made floor plans, sections, elevations, schedules, tons of layers and layer combinations. But now I got the request that I have to change the story levels. I have to make my -3.00 level ±0.00 that means I have to shift the entire project one story down. I've had this situation tons of times and yet don't know what is the pain free way to do this.

Kikoria_0-1712064817019.png

So, for example, in this screen +2.80 has to come down to ±0.00. What is the easiest way to do that?

Operating system used: Windows

Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
Technical Examination and Design Department
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER
2 REPLIES 2
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi @Kikoria 

Check the Edit Story Level tool.

RicardoLopez_0-1712071644167.png

Regards. -

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

Thanks for your reply. The thing is that could be an option, but have a look at the section that I have:

Kikoria_0-1712125990479.png

I want my -3.00 to become ±0.00. I tried your offered method, but I think it made the things worse or I didn't do it correctly.

So, I entered the Story Editing Mode and fixed the levels the way I wanted to. Please check out the screenshot:

Kikoria_1-1712126114814.png

Now, before I press OK everything looks correct, but as soon as I press OK here's what happens:

Kikoria_2-1712126391453.png

Now everything gets messed up.

Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
Technical Examination and Design Department
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER

Setup info provided by author