BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Changing objects' pens without changing their orientation

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's got to be an answer for this.

I've placed a number of occurrences of various objects all over a plan - sinks, WCs, etc.

Then I notice that the sinks are using the black pen, and the WCs are using a grey pen. So I want to select all the sinks, and change the pen color to grey.

If I search for objects and specify the black pen, Archicad finds all the objects, not just the black pen ones. If I then try to change the pen color for all objects to grey, nothing happens - because all these objects have "Enable object's pens".

So I now pick one of the sink objects, disable object's pens and change the pen color to grey. Now all I have to do is pick up the object with the syringe, and use the dropper on the other sinks. But this also changes the orientation of each object to match the one selected.

Is there a simple way to change the attributes of every occurence of an object on the plan without getting involved in this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Don't use the eye dropper / syringe method as that changes all the settings as you found out.

go back to find and select but use the critera to select all objects called "sink" (or what ever it is called).
Then you can selct all of those, open the settings dalogue and change just what you want.

Don't forget you have the eye dropper button in find and select - if that is on you can eye dropper one of your sinks and then as you select the different criterea they will automatically be filled out with the correct values (ie name).
Or you can use the copy settings button where you select one of the sinks and then press that button and all the default values will be set.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry

But where is the "copy settings" button?
Barry Kelly
Right here.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!