BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Changing solid wall fills back to original wall symbol

Anonymous
Not applicable
After changing walls on a presentation floor plan to a 100 percent fill I cannot change the walls back or copy another wall from a different file onto this drawing without having all walls showing 100 percent fill.

How can I fix the problem?
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
How did you change the walls from one fill to another?

Did you use display options? Did you edit the wall composite? Did you change the individual walls from one wall fill to another?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was not able to get the wall background the same as previously. It was rather odd - if I copy a wall from another project and bring it in the backgrounds change. Didn't know if a changed a setting - couldn't find anything - made for a frustrating morning.
TomWaltz
Participant
Rich wrote:
I was not able to get the wall background the same as previously. It was rather odd - if I copy a wall from another project and bring it in the backgrounds change. Didn't know if a changed a setting - couldn't find anything - made for a frustrating morning.
I understand that.

My question was regarding how you changed the wall to 100% fill so I can help figure out how to change them back. The method you used to change them to make them 100% fill will determine how you correct the problem.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
I do think that this has to do with model views rather than the wall itself.

Can you post a screenshot?

If on Archicad 10 : Document/Set model view/Model view options
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The walls were changed to solid by selecting the wall on the drawing, control t, and changing the element to solid fill.

Since we started discussing this I have been able to change the walls back to the wall symbol I started with but (on screen) the background color I haven't been able to change back to the white screen color previously seen. I can live with it but a little frustrating knowing I can't figure out how to change it back.

I open up the wall item, look for the background pen, changed it to pen no. 91 which is white like the background screen. On the drawing itself the wall background color shows as a muddy white, light gray.

Is it possible to clear the background color out? I also tried changing the cut backfill pen to transparent but this does not help.

This isn't a serious matter but I need to understand it better.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds like it could be a penset problem. Whenever you copy and paste something from another project, ArchiCAD will unfortunately also bring in all the pensets from that project.

Maybe you used a penset that accessed different colors?

As for your grey background, it sounds like you may have 'Automatic Pen Color Visibility Adjustment for Model Views' checked on. You can uncheck it at Options>Work Environment> More Options...

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!