Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Colors in Archicad

Rutgerdrum
Participant

Hi.

I'm struggling for a long time with AC in the designprocess.

Before i worked with Vectorworks and got in the comfortable habit of experimenting with colors in a design-process, by quickly tweaking the colors and see if it maches. Also it was easy to tweak the colors as you go. and then "fixing them" in layers... you could RGB or CMYK match a color (free online converters from ral ncs etc. are available) so a comfortable sense of realism was there, and with a good calibrated monitor i was confident in the color choices i made.

In Archicad i'm experiencing a tedious process of adjusting the color in the pen sets. looking at a very small square, adjusting, saving the penset (in case you forget it, it messes up everything), and then looking at the result in the project and have to do this all over again to adjust ever so slightly the color.

then, the Ral color coding, is only available in surface coatings, making it work differently. again.

How on earth is it so hard?! 

I'd like to see simple color adjusting possibilities, so you can quickly adjust the colors on the fly, and fixing them later in the pensets if necessary. like you can in Vectorworks, photoshop, illustrator, even MS Paint was more easy to work with. Would this be possible or am i missing something?

Best,

Rutger

2 REPLIES 2
snow
Mentor

Fallow me... freedom for colours 

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
snow
Mentor

... just wanted to say, that you are not the only one, who is longing for an other colour-management.

If we add the ones who liked the thread, now we are for or five...
Don' t despite small starts...

ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10